Spain Travel: Its Freezing cold in northern Europe
I’m sat looking out of the window in a little town in the north east of England, UK and its like looking at a Christmas card. This is all well and good when your tucked up inside with the central heating blasting or at a push for 10 minutes dancing around in the snow but trust me the novelty wears off quick.
Dreaming of a Holiday
Its at times like this that my mind wonders off to far sunny shores were the turquoise waters lap the soft golden sands of warmer climates. This year we are pondering a return trip to MALAGA AIRPORT AGP, southern Spain for our annual pilgrimage dun dun dah – Costa del Sol awaits.
And its with good faith an experience that I can give you some friendly advice. But as you know this comes at a cost. Saving money has never been fashionable but is a necessity in life when you want some of the finer things.
Saving Your Pennies
When holidaying in Costa del Sol, Spain it’s important to take care of a few vital parts of your holiday to make sure you get off to a perfect start. From the very beginning of your holiday it’s imperative to take every precaution to avoid any mishaps. I’ve outlined a few pointers to get you sorted for your summer holiday so please read on.
They all involve a degree of money but like anything your holiday is not severely restricted in any way by a lack of funds you just have to be more selective.
It is completely understandable to put everything on the back burners as you get ready for your yearly trip to the sun with the family, but these tips can make the difference for a great holiday and a costly average one.
- Pack all the sun creams that you and the complete family need. Grab your sunblock and a wide range of different level of sun protection factors. This will allow you to sit in the sun for varying lengths as your tan deepens and your skin has readjusted to the intensity. Buy your creams and lotions in the UK as sun cream is expensive in Andalucía and you don’t always get the same brands along the Costa del Sol. If your resort is further inland you will pay more money and if all-inclusive you are a captive audience, forget it your paying top dollar!
- If you are transferring from Malaga Airport find a reputable minibus company
- If you are traveling in a group of 5 or more people you really need to book a minibus or coach to cater for your party. The savings on group bookings are considerable over using multiple taxis. A couple of pointers are below:
- Make sure there are no surcharges or extras for golf clubs, baby seats, multiple drops.
- Ask if there is a late arrivals fee, or any extra fees for “out of hours” airport pick-ups at (AGP).
Costa del Golf
There is a reason why they nickname the Costa del Sol to the Costa del Golf, yep you guessed it its abundant in golf courses doh!
But seriously if your a keen golfer it is worth booking in advance on one of the reputable agents in Andalusia like Elite Golf Services in Fuengirola, Golf n Play in Mijas Golf Course and there are a few others who I would trust with my hard earned cash with. Contact me for some recommendations.
You can hire golf clubs to save you the cost of bringing them over and I think some of the companies like Elite offer free club hire in Spain.
Excursions in Andalucia
Why not look up some of the more unusual excursions to travel to! Most people hit Nerja, Gibraltar, Granada and Ronda but there a load of places that are off the radar are equally great to visit.
See the Spanish lakes at El Chorro, or visit Seville for a great weekend break. For the more energetic holiday maker, try skiing up the mountain ranges of Sierra Nevada just over 1 hour away from Malaga city centre. There are flights direct to Gibraltar Airport now and I would recommend getting Gibraltar car hire over their Spanish counterparts in La Linea as its cheaper.
Booking Holiday Transfers
- Look for a family run established company on the Costa del Sol.
- Look for a company that has automatic flight tracking systems to guarantee your flight is tracked from your departure airport to Spain thus avoiding any delays.
- Use modern minibuses with spacious luggage trailers at no extra cost to make your holiday transfer one of the utmost comfort.
- Offer FREE quotes.